AP 6521E Wireless LAN
AP 6521E Wireless LAN -VERSATILE SINGLE RADIO 802.11A/B/G/N WIRELESS ACCESS POINT
Simplifies and reduces total cost of installation using standard Power-over- Ethernet (PoE)
The AP 6521 is a versatile access point with the cost-efficiency of a single radio. With it’s WiNG 5 intelligence, this access point offers higher throughput along with direct forwarding, security, QoS services and site survivability. The AP 6521 can also serve as a virtual controller and coordinate the operation of up to 23 neighboring access points.
Features & Benefits:
- UNIQUE VALUE – The AP 6521 is a multipurpose access point designed to lower the cost of deploying and operating a secure, reliable 802.11n wireless LAN (WLAN) in branch offices or headquarters facilities. The access point features a MIMO radio, superior receive and transmit sensitivity, and a GigE WAN uplink port. The embedded WiNG 5 intelligence ensures that traffic is locally forwarded along the most efficient paths without sacrificing quality of service and security implemented at the access point itself. The AP 6521 can also be used as a sensor for both 2.4 Ghz and 5.0 Ghz frequency bands for multi-band intrusion protection or troubleshooting.
- AUTOMATIC CHANNEL AND POWER OPTIMIZATION – Common problems such as building attenuation, electronic interference or sub-optimal access point placement are minimalized as the SMART RF feature of the switch/controller automatically optimizes power and channel selection so each user gets always-on high-quality access and mobility.
- HIGH RELIABILITY – The AP 6521 is designed to optimize network availability through its central and pre-emptive intelligence which dynamically senses weak or failing signals, securely moves mobile users to alternate APs, and boosts signal power to automatically fill RF holes and ensure uninterrupted mobile user access.
- GAP-FREE SECURITY – Security includes layer 2-7 stateful packet filtering firewall, AAA RADIUS services, Wireless IPS-lite,VPN gateway, and location-based access control.
- FAST AND EASY DEPLOYMENT – The access ports require no configuration or manual firmware maintenance. The wireless controller discovers access points on the network and automatically downloads all configuration parameters and firmware, greatly reducing installation, maintenance and troubleshooting costs for Layer 2 and Layer 3 deployments.
- DEVICE AND NETWORK ACCELERATION – Device and network performance can be accelerated through a virtual LAN feature via the switch/controller. Each AP 6521 access point can be virtualized into four unique VLANs which can be customized to direct broadcast traffic to the intended recipient. This reduces overall network traffic while improving device performance and battery life up — to 25%. This also reduces the overall number of access points required to provide unique device services.